A guide to effective and proactive complaints resolution. Complaints should be welcomed as an opportunity for organisational improvement, rather than seen as a cost or annoyance.
Co Regulation means effective complaints handling is a regulatory requirement that must be demonstrated to tenants.
Poor complaints handling can be a trigger for identifying an underlying serious problem that could lead to regulatory engagement.
So you can't afford to get complaints handling wrong!
The toolkit includes:
• How social housing organisations may need to change complaints handling
• How complaints are dealt with by the Housing Ombudsman Service and the Housing Regulator in England.
It also provides practical assistance in complaint handling:
• Setting out the essential features of a good complaint system
• Considering the reasons people complain
• How complainants should be treated
• How staff should be trained and supported
• How to effectively use complaints to inform the co regulatory processes including self assessment
• Includes tenants and complaint adjudication.
Staff and boards will also find it useful.
Cost: £45 plus VAT.