What your board members (and staff) get from webinars
A webinar is an online seminar. They last an hour and are interactive, people can ask questions of the presenter and other attendees.
BDAs approximately 30-35 webinars throughout the year are designed specifically for housing association board members
For board members who have a need and interest in learning more about a specific topic, relevant to their board role within a limited amount of time and without having to leave their office, webinars are ideal. They are:
• Easy to set up and easy to join
• No specialist software is needed you just need a laptop/computer/tablet /iPhone with internet access and a good headset or access to a phone
• Value for money - annual subscriptions is for everyone in your organisation (board, staff and involved tenants) is only:
• £500.00 (for HAs with more than 1000 units) or £250.00 (HA's under 1000 unit) plus VAT. You can also pay for one Webinar at a time for £25 plus VAT
* Please note from the end of September 2019 the price of Webinars is going up for the first time in 6 years to £600 plus VAT per year (£300 for small associations) and £30 for one of Webinars
Attendees can see the slides of the presentation and hear the voice of the host live, and other attendees without moving from their desk! They can also ask questions, either by typing them or asking them verbally.
To join you are sent a link to the webinar a few days before the session, and on the day of the session.
The session is recorded – this enables the presentation with commentary to be viewed and listened to by any board member who could not attend, whenever they wish. You can also watch the recordings of previous session aired before you joined. An instant library of training.
TRY ONE FOR FREE
Our planned webinars for this year are below. We remain flexible and able to introduce new webinars throughout the year to discuss topical issues.
|12 Sept||Role and responsibilities of effective directors|
|19 Sept||The strategic role of the board|
|26 Sept||What is good governance?|
|2 Oct||The monitoring role of the board|
|10 Oct||The ingredients of effective meetings|
|17 Oct||H&S what a board members needs to know and do|
|24 Oct||Half Term|
|30 Oct||An introduction to Housing Assicaition financial reporting 1|
|7 Nov||An introduction to Housing Associaiton financial reporting 2|
|13 Nov||Climate change and Housing Associations|
|21 Nov||How to assess and manage risk|
|27 Nov||Sector risk and stress testing|
|5 Dec||Effective resident engagement|
|12 Dec||Role of the Audit Committee|
|Break for christmas period|
Don't miss out on BDA's 2019 Powerful webinars - one board member said:
"Overall I found the Webinars really useful and easy to understand the main salient points of the subject matter. In addition, they are an excellent point of reference for the future."