One Day Course
The NEW VFM standard and economic regulation for housing will become fact in April 2012, is your organisation ready?
This course will give attendees the opportunity to understand and discuss the implications of the new value for money regulations, and their effect on the way that social housing providers do business. As well as discussing how to approach VFM strategy and self assessment to enable better efficiency.
Yvonne Atkinson, Director at the Board Development Agency, said: "The TSA statutory consultation makes it clear boards need to act now to protect their organisation's regulatory judgement. The course will help social housing providers develop a strategy for making best use of their assets, and a creating plan for improving VFM in a transparent way."
The course will include the following topics:
- The new regulations
- What has changed since the statutory consultation
- The regulator's approach
- What this means for Housing Associations
- Looking at what each element in the VFM standard means
- Explore what a VFM strategy could look like
- Explore self assessment in a co regulatory framework
- Developing an action plan for your organisation
- -Where is your organisation today
- -Steps it may need to take to meet the standard.