The professional organisation for governance officers: Governance officers work better together with Go!
Go! The National Association of Governance Officers gives you a support network of professional governance officer colleagues, who share ideas, information, policies and procedures and problems to solve! We 'meet' online, via email and in person. Go! also gives Governance Officers training specific to your needs. Recent meetings have included time management, the implications of the new Corporate Code of Governance and how to ‘manage’ people you do not line manage.
Go! Members get:
Support from Dr Alice Pearce, an experienced governance manager who leads Go!
· Go! Advice and Support - You are part of a proactive group of career focused governance staff who are happy to share and help. You also get the knowledge and experience of the BDA team.
· Go! Round Robinquestions - Your questions and requests for policies, procedures or general help are emailed to other members and the responses shared. You are no longer reinventing the wheel!
· Go! Facebook group - A private Facebook group for Go! members to keep you updated. Members can post questions, and reference documents are uploaded to share and help keep you updated.
· Go! Surgery - a weekly catch up where governance staff can bring their issues, share information and problem solve together.
· Go! Benchmark - Free help to complete your organisation's governance review
· Go! Strategic Governance Manager Services- Governance support for smaller organisations who do not employ their own governance officers. Structure, processes, policies and procedures as well as interim support.
· Go! Discount - All members earn 10% discount on other BDA products, such as:
o Go! GOLD (ILM accredited Governance Officer training program),
o Webinars - live and recorded 1 hour training webinars aimed at Board members covering a whole range of topics.
o Go! support officer training, an introductory training course for Governance support staff
o Go! Round Table Meetings, held at regional centers - problem solve network, train, share and learn with colleagues who do the same job as you.
o Go! Train- Regional and in house training for governance officers, board members, Chairs, involved tenants and executives to meet your governance training requirements.
Some members have recovered their membership fee just by receiving this discount
With Go! you get a cost effective solution to support your governance so join Go! now and feel the benefits!.
Annual membership fee for all this is £150.00 (plus VAT).