We, at the BDA (www.boardagency.org.uk) are looking for a part time Book keeper/Finance Assistant. The role would be approx. 6-8 hours a week and you are able to work from home. We are a small company so you would need to be willing to learn about other aspects of the company and help out where needed.
The Role will include
- preparing invoices on SAGE
- input payments to suppliers/contractors on SAGE
- complete bank reconciliations on SAGE
- manage the online banking (including payment of consultants).
- prepare VAT returns quarterly on SAGE and submit electronically.
- run payroll each month, manage employee contracts for new staff, manage and monitor staff holiday amounts
- monitoring income and expenditure during the year and producing summary reports for the directors
- liaise with accountant annually to provide information for them to prepare accounts.
- manage new sign up and renewals of our two subscription services (liaising with customers over renewals, invoices, subscriber updates, setting up new customers, chasing renewals/payments, setting up one off access)
- admin support for other training courses (bookings, invoicing, chasing payments)
- drawing up contracts for bespoke pieces of work and invoicing once work is completed
Skills and other requirements:
- You need to be self-motivated, adaptable with good attention to detail, and organised.
- use word/ excel/ email confidently.
Desirable but not essential:
- knowledge of “Basic PAYE Tools” software.
- basic knowledge of Word Press.
- basic knowledge of Dividend payments.
- The pay would be £10 an hour (PAYE), with statutory holiday pay (pro rata). Pay review planned for later in the year.
- You will work from home, we are a well-established business and other members of the team are based in Bristol, Chippenham, Exeter, Bolton and Birmingham.
- The hours are flexible but will need to be spread over the week.
- Equipment – laptop provided if needed, (after hand over period)
Contact Alice Pearce for a chat on 07854 337092 or email if you have a question or want to submit your CV.
Closing date: 9.00 am Monday 4 April. We will review applicants straight away and let people know if they are being offered an interview. Interviews will take place on Monday 11 April and will be via zoom. To accommodate variable notice periods or returning to work after a career break we are flexible on when the role will start.