The BDA are recruiting a part time finance/office assistant
We, at the BDA (www.boardagency.org.uk) are looking for a part time administrator/office assistant. We are a small company so you would need to be willing to learn about many aspects of the company. You need to be good at dealing with customers, with good verbal and written communication skills and confident with IT. Initially the role would be approx. 15 hours a week, with an opportunity to develop the role in due course and increase your hours. Tasks would include:
• Updating the website, creating new posts to a template.
• Booking clients onto our training sessions, sending out booking forms and invoices
• Sending out and collating feedback information
• Researching and creating new mailing lists
• Drafting new fliers using previous mailings as a template
• Collating information from our consultants on new training sessions, ensuring we have biographies for them and descriptions of the training
• Monitoring undelivered mails and unsubscribes to ensure we keep our mailing list up to date and meeting Data Protection requirements
Later, taking on further tasks including:
• Managing companies’ income and payments on SAGE, VAT returns
• Supplying the accountant with the info needed for the TAX return
• Paying team’s salaries and expenses
• Calculating and paying holiday pay
• We are offering approx. 15 hours a week, potentially building to 21 hours a week (possibly more hours longer term)
• Hours flexible, but need to be spread over the week, Working from home
• Need to be self-motivated, adaptable, good attention to detail, and organised
• Experience in the following essential: administrative tasks, Microsoft packages (we can help using Office 365), customer/client liaison, good written communication skills
• Experience in any of the following would be a bonus: Social housing, training, SAGE, creating web content (we use WordPress), marketing, dealing with clients, finance admin.
We will give you training in specific systems e.g. SAGE and WordPress
You would work from home for the majority of the time. Other members of the team are Bristol, Chippenham, Exeter and Bolton based. The pay would be £10 an hour (PAYE), with statutory holiday pay (pro rata).
Contact us ASAP for a chat on 07854 337092 or contact the BDA enquiries if you have a question or want to submit your CV
Closing date 18 October 2021