National Association of Governance Officers (NAGO)
The professional organisation for governance officers: Governance officers work better together with NAGO (or Go! for short)
Go! The National Association of Governance Officers gives you a support network of professional Governance Officer colleagues to help you be the best Governance Officer you can be.
They share ideas, information, policies and procedures and problems! Usually by the end of the 'meeting' (online, via email or in person) there is an answer or two for that problem.
Go! Members get:
· Support from Dr Alice Pearce, an experienced governance manager who leads Go!
· Go! Round Robin questions – Via email, your questions and requests for policies, procedures or general help are answered and shared. You are no longer reinventing the wheel!
· Go! Surgery - a bi-weekly (currently on a Thursday at 11.00) online meeting where you get the advantages of having a colleague to discuss a topic relevant to governance staff (topic directed by attendees)
· Go! Advice and Support - You have access to the knowledge and experience of the BDA team, helping you solve your problems, or just bounce ideas of someone else.
· Go! Facebook group - Helping to keep you updated. Members can post questions, and reference documents are uploaded to share and help keep you updated (note this will soon be moved onto the website to provide more user flexibility)
· Go! Discount - All members receive 10% discount on other BDA products, such as:
-Go! Round Table Meetings, held at regional centres (currently being run online) - problem solve, network, train, share and learn with colleagues who do the same job as you.
-Go! GOLD (Governance Officer training program), save £175
-Webinars - live and recorded 1 hour training webinars aimed at Board members covering a whole range of topics, Save £60 (registered providers with less than 1000 properties are half price so the saving is £30)
-Go! support officer training plus 1-2-1 support, an introductory training course for Governance support staff, save £65
Some members have recovered their membership fee just by receiving this discount.
With Go! you get a cost-effective solution to support your governance staff.
Annual membership fee for all this is £150.00 (plus VAT).